Yiota's Flourless Brownies
Who doesn't love a good brownie? I know, I do! Check out our member recipe submission and enjoy this yummy treat brought to you by local baker, Yiota Papadopoulos from Y So Sweet! The best part about this brownie recipe is that you really don't taste the avocado! You'll never guess it's a healthier alternative to a classic. Refer to notes at the bottom for substitution options and customize this to meet your dietary preferences. Enjoy! You don't feel like baking this yourself? Reach out to Yiota directly and place an order, you'll find her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yiotassweetobsession
- 1 blender or food processor
- 1 9 inch square baking pan
- 1 avocado ripe (1/2 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar *see notes for alternative (replace with 1/4 cup monk fruit)
- 1/4 cup almond butter **see notes for alternative (replace with peanut butter or regular butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips ***see notes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare your baking tray. Either grease your pan or line in with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in blender or food processor and combine well until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking tray and bake on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces. (Yields 16 pieces)
- "Let the brownies cool completely before eating. The avocado taste is more pronounced when brownies are warm. It's worth the wait, trust me!" - Yiota
*Brown sugar alternative = replace with 1/4 cup Monk fruit sweetener instead. **Almond butter alternative = can be replaced with any nut butter or regular softened butter. ***Option: Add more chocolate chips on top right before baking.
Calories: 142kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 82mgPotassium: 193mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 49IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!