Omega 3 Crusted Salmon
Did you know that Omega 3 is an essential nutrient that the body does not produce on its own, therefore must be supplemented through ones diet? Omega 3 is crucial for brain and cardiovascular health and can be found in foods like walnuts and salmon. Load up on these Omega 3 foods and enjoy a meal that your brain and your heart will thank you for.
- 1/2 cup olive oil good quality. Pour some on tray before you add fish and the rest to crust mixture. Add more or less, enough to make a paste.
- 1 lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts more to garnish
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios or finely chopped plus more to garnish
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp rosemary optional
- 16 oz fresh salmon fillet
- Pat your fish dry and ensure there is no excess moisture. Salt and pepper prior to coating with the crust.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together and form a paste
- You can use a food processor or magic bullet to crush the nuts, but ensure that some are left whole as it will make for a nice crunchy bite!
- Coat the fish with the crust and press it into the fish. Make sure that it's not too thick.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees .
- Allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting in pieces. Enjoy with your favourite side dish.
Calories: 456kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 6gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 22gSodium: 8mgPotassium: 279mgFiber: 7gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 7IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 2mg