Air Fried French Green Beans
So, this bigger-than-life side dish has been trending online recently and it was impossible to not put my spin on it! The PERFECT side dish that has just the right amount of bite to it. Growing up in a traditional Greek home, my string bean experience consisted of really mushy "fasolakia" drowning in a tomato sauce with potatoes. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I love this version more! Super versatile, that can be seasoned with your favourite flavours. Try my version and tell me what you think. Don't have an air-fryer? No problem. You can easily just place these babies on a parchment-paper-lined baking tray and pop them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or so. It won't have the same texture, but it'll be equally yummy, I'm sure.
- Air-fryer alternately, you can just bake it in the oven. See introduction above.
- 680 g French green beans Don't get stuck on the brand or the quantity. If you use the loose string beans just make sure you trim them. I used the New World Farms brand from Costco simply because I like them. This package comes in a 680 gram bag.
- 1/4 cup olive oil good quality, don't use crappy olive oil.
- 2 tbsp parmigiano reggiano grated (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 lemon juice of lemon
- 2 tbsp almond slivers roasted (optional to garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl add washed and trimmed French green beans. Please review the notes next to the ingredient above.
- Add all ingredients and toss well. You can add whatever seasoning or spices you like.
- This recipe makes 2 trays. Place in middle rack of air-fryer, one tray at a time and set to 380 degrees for 13 minutes. Make sure you shake up tray with tongues partway through the cooking process.
- Throw it in your serving dish and garnish with some toasted / roasted almond slivers if you like. Enjoy!
Serving: 0.5cupCalories: 109kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 26mgPotassium: 218mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 599IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!