Pan Sheet Maple Salmon with Sweet Potato
This one step dinner will be ready before Uber Eats gets to your door, guaranteed! Mess free and simple using ingredients you've got in your fridge. Healthy, versatile and delicious. You can make some cauliflower rice on the side if you like or not! Choice is yours.
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and sliced no bigger than 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill when you've got extra place it in a zip lock and freeze. Use when you need it!
- 1/4 cup olive oil drizzle over entire pan
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 lemon juice and add before serving
- 1/2 cup maple syrup drizzle on top of fish
- Line your sheet pan with aluminum foil covering the edges as well as one sheet of parchment paper in the middle. The better you line it, the less mess to clean!
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes in no more than 1/4 inch thick slices, slice garlic and onions and layer on the sheet pan. Add the peas and lightly mix.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh dill.
- Place the salmon filets on top of the vegetables and add oil and maple syrup. Season the filets as well with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and dill.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes then squeeze some fresh lemon on top before serving. Serve as is or with your favorite side dish if you like. I opted for cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
The thinner you slice the sweet potato the faster it will cook. Remember your fish doesn't need more than 15-20 minutes in the oven maximum. If you cut your sweet potato too thick it'll take longer to cook than your fish.